Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Package Pick-Me-Ups

Sorry I have been inactive for the past week plus, but I was back up in the mountains for another trip.  It is actually getting really cold up there now and we saw the first snow fall.  There is only about a week of the Fall Season before winter starts and goes till May.  So, we are trying to fit a few more trips in before it gets too miserable up there.

However, before I left for the trip I received my very first care package from the States!  My mother sent a monster box filled with peanut butter, beef jerky, homemade hot chocolate, my new Ipod, (I just collected the insurance on the last one that was stolen) and much much more.  What better to lift one's spirits than a box full of America?  Andrew and I have been enjoying all the goodies and I just had my first cup of hot chocolate last night...it was awesome.

THEN I returned from my mountain trip to find another package waiting on me.  This one from my great friend Melanie Martin!  This one had SOUR PATCH KIDS (in our apartment that stuff is currency), a South Carolina tee shirt, pictures, a CD, more.  Wow, I'm starting to feel pretty spoiled.


Thank you so much for the packages Mel and mom!  And thank you for every one's love and support who reads and follows my time here.

5 comments:

  1. Josh, I understand that you can't shave there, but have you washed your hair since you left the states? -Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had just gotten out of the shower and my hair was still wet...jerks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, we aren't judging. Mike is STILL living like he's on the trail in that sense -- only washing his hair about once very 2 weeks. haha why not?? (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. So weird, I think a bird starting making a nest on your head. Looks like I see some weeds and pine straw up there. --MCM

    ReplyDelete