Monday, October 31, 2011

The Going Away Present

Okay so in my last post I told you that I had to shave my beard for a special going away present.  That going away present...a photo shoot.  One of my best friends over here left last week to head Stateside after being here for three years.  Before he left he wanted to do something special to "go out with a bang."  To "do something epic."  I don't know if that was the result, but it did ended up being a lot of fun.  Here are some of the proofs (before they edit and crop all of them).

Our first shoot was "The Urban Cowboys."  The place we went for pictures pretty much only did weddings, but we were still able to find some props to use.  Including suspenders, cowboy hats, a lantern, bird cage, and small suitcase (makes you wonder about the weddings here, huh?).



This picture was too good to leave out even if I couldn't get it to rotate.



We then left the ally to go in front of the building.  It only took a few minutes for a crowd of about thirty camera and smart phone wielding people to develop.  Makes me wonder if we are on any Chinese blogs.

We actually had a three person person camera crew...you have to love how far a few USDs can get you over here.

We then went back into the studio for an outfit change.



Well a couple outfit changes.

"The Bachelor" in China.

We all got roses.

We were able to hold it together for most of them, but it was too much at moments.

This picture will probably end up being my favorite.  The tech guy at the place is actually going to edit us riding a dragon with blue skies and clouds behind us.  I will have to post it once he is finished.

I hope you enjoyed your present Kirk.  We already miss you here.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats! Epic level achieved! Those pictures are totally sweet, Josh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay so a few thoughts:

    1) You are like the "short guy" in these pics, wow!

    2) I do think these pics are great but I am also kind of disturbed by them, I did not realize grown men, on their own volition, went and got professional pics posing together, really?

    3) I mean is that blond hair for real or just a wig to go along with the costums? I think I would vote for it to be a wig!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer:
    1. Yes, I am the shortest out of the trio. The other two guys are 6'6" and 6'5." We draw a lot of attention while walking around the streets of China together.
    2. Yes, men do this kind of thing all the time. Totally normal in all cultures and countries.
    3. Yes, that is his real hair. He actually just cut it a few weeks ago. It was even longer.
    Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhh!!! that's hilarious! we know matthew from clemson - what a small world!! y'all are a trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!.............I mean, wow! What other word is there for what I've just seen! :) I'm also shocked that YOU look like the short person in this group! You must have some crazy-tall friends! :)

    ReplyDelete