Sunday, November 6, 2011

No Vacancies

Not only is our apartment starting to fall apart...we also have multiple unwanted roommates.  A week or so ago the population of our apartment decreased by one in an epic battle of man and beast (when I say man, I mean men (4) and when I say beast I mean...no it was a beast). 

Two good friends (same ones from the photo shoot) came over to hang out with Andrew and I.  We were talking and watching youtube videos when Andrew jumped onto the couch and screamed, (and I mean that word literally) "There he is."  Based on his statement I'm guessing you can deduct that we have seen this rat and maybe even his family members multiple times.  Him/her/they live in the ceiling above our kitchen.  We have been planning on how to take him down for months now.  We even considered letting a mangy cat that roams our complex live with us for a few days till he caught it.

Well this rat picked the wrong time to make an appearance the other night.  There were four large men that ooze adrenaline and testosterone ready for battle.  We were able to trap him in our living room and each man armed himself.  Weapons included but were not limited to: a large rock(not really sure why that was in our house), a broom, a basketball, and feet.  After 20 minutes of yelling grunting, moving furniture, and throwing objects...we had our prize.  After the fifth go around we were able to stun it with the basketball and finish it with the rock.

In another battle of Man vs Beast.  Man won! (look how fat that thing is)

I'll be honest, after the adrenaline faded...we weren't nearly as proud of ourselves.  However, the event has not gone unnoticed as we have neither heard or seen another rat sense.

I will be heading back up to the mountains for a week of backpacking in the morning.  I'm sure I will get a few good stories along the way so be sure to check in next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment