Saturday, November 12, 2011

Planking, Yesterday's "IN"

Maybe you have heard of a somewhat recent fad called "Planking."  Wikipedia describes it as,

Planking" (or the "Lying Down Game") is an activity consisting of lying face down in an unusual or incongruous location. The hands must touch the sides of the body and having a photograph of the participant taken and posted on the Internet is an integral part of the game.[1] Players compete to find the most unusual and original location in which to play.[1] The term planking refers to mimicking a wooden plank. Rigidity of the body must be maintained to constitute good planking.

It has really taken off because anyone can do it.  It doesn't matter your

OCCUPATION





LOCATION






FITNESS LEVEL



or AGE/SIZE




The first time I actually ever saw someone I know plank something was on my dear friends Mike and Megan Martin's blog.  They just hiked the entire Appalachian Trail this summer and took pictures of themselves and our friend Brock planking multiple things.
This picture is incredible!


Well friends, I believe I have recently invented something that will make planking obsolete.  It is called...


wait for it... 







"Little Mermaiding!!!" LMing for short

This is me "LMing" the top of the mountain I was climbing in my last blog post.  I really think this is going to be HUGE!  I can just hear hiking dudes in Colorado talking to each other now. 
(This is to be read with a slight surfer voice)
Hiker dude A:"Bra I just totally Little Mermaided Pike's Peak!"
Hiker dude B: "Sick bro!  I just LMed Mount Elbert last week!"
(A high five or chest bump then concluded the scene"

"Little Mermaiding" (or the "LMing game") is an activity consisting of posing in an unusual or incongruous location. The hands must touch the item being LMed while having a photograph of the participant taken and posted on the Internet is an integral part of the game.  Players compete to find the most unusual and original location in which to play.  The term Little Mermaiding refers to mimicking the acuatic Disney Princess Ariel . Curvicure of the body must be achieved to constitute good Little Mermaiding.

It would make my week to see pictures of you guys Little Mermaiding.

2 comments:

  1. The people have answered Josh. http://theruefamily.blogspot.com/2011/11/little-mermaiding.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. our (very serious) head paralegal jen just pulled out one of our office's chairs and planked. she was REALLY sad that i didn't have my camera. we'll work on our little mermaid posing. TOO FUNNY, joshua!

    ReplyDelete