Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Familiar TG in an Unfamiliar Place

This past Thursday I was able to gather together with a group of great friends to celebrate Thanksgiving.  Even though I was definitely not where I usually am on Thanksgiving (that being one of many various locations along the East coast of the United Sates), I was able to enjoy a fairly typical Thanksgiving.  There was still a crazy amount of delicious food, lazy activities like boardgames, and football both on the TV (via recorded games) and outside.  We were actually not simply playing, but preparing and tuning our spread style offense for the annual Flag Football Turkey Bowl games the next day.

Here is a snapshot of the table packed with people and food.  Believe it or not, this was actually after an hour of feasting...There really wasn't anything missing: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, fruit salad, jello fruit salad, rolls, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, corn casserole...and pretty much anything else you could make into a casserole.  Followed by pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie, pecan pie, chocolate chip pie, and apple pie all topped with homemade whipped cream.


That night my roommate, Andrew, set up the little Christmas tree that was left in our apartment by the guys that lived there before us.  It definitely hasn't started feeling like Christmas outside yet as our city is still in the 50's and 60's.  However, I did realized the other day that I will be celebrating this Christmas closer to Bethlehem than ever before.  I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving break!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends, it looks like it was memorable! Love you and miss you! Nic

    ReplyDelete