Friday, June 24, 2011

Take me out to the Ball Park

Following our camping adventure in Maine Thomas and I headed back to Foxboro to see his wife Margaret.  We did some eating, some movie watching, and went to a Red Sox game Monday night.  Thomas was offered the tickets for free, so little thought was needed.
Before the game we went by Christ Church while in Boston.  This church was built in 1761 and has bullet holes in one wall from the Revolutionary War!  Many famous people worshiped and spoke there including: George Washington, Martin Luther King, Teddy Roosevelt, and Jesse Jackson.

I thought this sign was pretty funny hanging on the bathroom door.  I later found out though that the church does a lot of homeless ministry in the city.

Welcome to Fenway!

The seats were given to us by a player so they were in the family section right behind home plate.

The action heated up as as the sun went down, the Sox were tied 3-3 with the Padres before the 7th inning when they scored 11 runs.

Picture from on top of the famous "Green Monster."

The "Green Monster"

Boston's catcher Jason Varitek 

I'm pretty proud of this shot with the ball in flight.  My photography is progressing.

Thomas and I towards the end of the game.  I have begun my "Mountain beard" for East Asia.


Thomas and Margaret
The game was a lot of fun and an awesome way to finish a great visit.  Thanks again for having me guys.

To hear more about the visit check out Margaret (an English major) and Thomas' blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment