Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I'm a Sign Reader

One of my favorite activities over here is reading signs that have been translated into English.  I have yet again been taking numerous pictures to compile into a post and couldn't locate a couple really good ones.  There were also some that caught me without my camera.  However, I hope you enjoy these as much as I did.

This one is a little scary to read while walking past a large mountain.  The fact that it says "that flying stone" makes you look quickly to find the one it is referring to...then "note" it as it impacts your skull.


This is a pretty minor mistake, and if it was found on a single sign it wouldn't be worth noting.  However, this mistake was made on nearly every road sign I saw in numerous cities.  I saw 2st, 3nd, etc etc.  I found it to be funny because it wasn't just some mom and pop business, but the government that made the mistake.


This sign has been posted on my blog before, but it's my favorite!


This is a another favorite of mine.  I have found these above multiple urinals in men's bathrooms.  I just get really encouraged and believe in myself so much more with that little panda bear cheering me on.


This is a good one!  The greatest parts being "when" the fire occurs, not if.  I'm guess it is a regular occurrence at this establishment, which makes sense since probably 80% of Chinese.  At least in my part of China.  The other thing I love about this sign is that it appears Yoda from Star Wars wrote it. 

2 comments: