Friday, July 15, 2011

My New Home

I have arrived!  After my flight got delayed 6 hours I finally landed late Tuesday night (about noon ECT).
This is the view from my apartment window.  There are apartment buildings as far as the eye can see in every direction.  They look like Lego's from 15 flights up.

Doing laundry in the bathroom.  We have to fill up our little "washer machine" thing using the shower head.  It is quite the process of wash, spin, wash, spin, then hang out to dry.

I had to make this picture bigger so you could fully enjoy it.  This is my bathroom (not the shower, but the open bathroom).  My "squatty" (Asia's version of a toilet) is right under my shower head.  It is a one stop shop.  All of your needs met in one location, just watch your step.

Yes this is indeed a Dairy Queen, yes it was the best Blizzard I have ever had, and yes the clerk's English name was Monkey...all making the 2 plus mile walk well worth it.
 
Look at him masterfully whipping up my delicious treat!  He turned it over with a smile as he handed it to me, and the rest is history.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I had no idea men could do laundry ;) What a process! Looks like they want ppl to be in shape there by forcing them to do squats to use the bano bahaha! Work those leg muscles Josh! Can monkey make a good cookie dough Blizzard or did you order his specialty banana blizzard? I mean look at that concentration... FOCUSED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized that you remind me of George Clooney. Hope you're having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the pictures! What a set up, how very practical that you can toilet and shower in the same space----gross.Love you!
    Nic

    ReplyDelete