Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hello Taiwan

After over 10,000 miles and 26 straight hours of flying I arrived in Tawain safely.  There I met up with some other students for the week of training.

My typical wing picture.

Soon after I arrived in Tokyo I met up with my roommate Andrew.  We will definitely be getting to know each other over the next six months.

I thought this picture outside a sushi place in Japan was pretty funny.  "All ingredients and foods we use here are safety.  Please eat at ease."

 
This little guy welcomed me as I arrived.
The street outside my hotel.  You can't really tell but there is literally over a 100 moped flowing towards this intersection.  That is how everyone got around.
I discovered a nearby park during a lunch break and figured out that I am indeed heavier than Taiwanese children.
7-11!!!  They are on every street corner in this city!  Mango/Passion Fruit was delicious.  I may or may not have had 3 in the first few days.  Hey, don't judge it was pushing 100 and more humid than anything I could imagine.  Made South Carolina's summer feel like a Colorado afternoon.
Okay my blog is definitely not a food blog, but there is limited pictures I can show.  So, here is a picture of some Thai food that made me feel like I had kissed Lucifer. 

This Asian desert is AWESOME.  A mountain of shaved ice covered in strawberries, mango, kiwi, some delicious mystery sauce, milk drizzle, and sorbet.  Don't worry I had a partner.  And I ran in the park nearby almost every morning.

A friend actually ate this dish.  We took a break from Asian cuisine one night and went by a dinner down the street.  It was a nice taste of home.

And to end this post anti-dramatically a picture of what our hotel had the last morning on our breakfast bar...haha.

I'm in an airport in Taiwan right now after having my flight cancelled 5 hours ago...I should be flying out soon though.  I am excited for what lays ahead but really enjoyed Taiwan and made many great friends.  I'll provide more stories once I get a little more settled and can empty my suitcase.

3 comments:

  1. I just laughed SO hard reading all this. And the picture of the pink...thing...is going to haunt my dreams for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you could post the first of many hilarious adventures. At least the sign in the restaurant made your grammar look pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read a few of your posts for the first time, although I was already informed of your toilet mayhem. You haven't even been over there a month and you've already had so many crazy "adventures". Praying for you. Why is it that Austins can't seem to do things without injuring themselves? Love you!
    --Lolo

    ReplyDelete