Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Big Apple: Intro

Okay friends, my time of living in China is over (at least for now) and my time living in New York City has begun.  I went from one giant city to another!  I'll let Wikipedia provide you with a few statistics to help compare where I was, to where I am now.

My Chinese City (still not sure if I can share the name publicly or not...)
-City population: 14,047,625
-Density: 2,998.9/sq mi

New York City
-City population: 18,897,109
-Density: 27,532/sq mi

You may have noticed a slight difference between the two cities, the density!  This place is packed!  I pay over five times as much to live in a place less than a fifth the size of my apartment in China.  However, I love it!  I love the city, I love the diversity, I love the food, I love my co-workers, and I love what I'm doing here.

This post is just an introduction to many that will follow on my life here in city and how things are different.  I hope you will follow along and leave comments to let me know your still in this with me.  Every post needs pictures, so I'll provide a couple from my first days in the city.

I couldn't resist...my very first meal in New York City.  Gray's Papaya hot dogs, 2 dogs and a drink (one of their homemade juices) for $4.95.  It's hard to beat.

It is weird that this is the third time that escalators have made my blog, but I had no idea they had them for your grocery cart. 




This was a beautiful sighting!  This lady was wearing boats in the subway like Lloyd's from "Dumb and Dumber."

A shot of my first NYC snow fall from the roof

1 comment:

  1. We're still here (: Love the pictures of NY! [Mike's drooling over the hot dog...] Hope you're doing well Josh!

    ReplyDelete